Thursday, June 14, 2018

~~ Bible Topical Binder ~~

Part 3 of the Faith Binder Series

So, here is the second Bible Study binder and the 3rd in the series of Faith Binders.  The War Binder (Prayer Journal) and the Bible Book Study were the first two. Check back later for the Sermon Notes Binder and any other subsequent binders. They will be tagged with a "Binders" label in the side bar. 😉







For more explanation on the techniques used in this post, refer to the Bible Book Study binder. 

I chose to print my paper for the cover and spine rather than buy it. 
I was partial to this Moroccan tile and grabbed it in multiple colors here

I like to pick up binders at the thrift stores because they are a lot cheaper. I can get a 3" or something similar for a dollar or less sometimes. 

The Bible Study, God's Promises, and Hebrew/ Greek tabs are from the 
binder tab set found at Do Not Depart.  They are slid into standard dividers for school and office use. 
The rest of the set is split between my other binders. They used to be in one binder but I couldn't leave it at that and had to totally customize the ideas to fit me. This is part of the result of that. I may actually have a binder for each tab. lol  I am probably not joking. ;) 


On to the dividers...
I used washi tape to add pizzazz to the plain white cardstock that I picked up from Walmart. 
Mine happens to be Neenah brand and is about $4 for 80 sheets.  
You can find the cardstock in  lots of other places, too.  

I generally scout out Dollar Tree frequently for craft supplies, 
including the Washi (or decorator tape).


Here are the tabs I chose. 


I printed 2 copies so that I could glue them together and have matching front and back. 

Bible studies are split into 10 categories to encompass all topics.  That was the easiest way I could think of to index every single topic... Headings and subheadings. It makes sense in a couple of different ways, including how meticulous I can be. 😜

  • God/ Trinity - Attributes, Roles (Father, Physician, Savior, Holy Spirit, etc)
  • People - Authors, Disciples, bystanders, anyone of importance
  • Things - Angels, demons, money, material things
  • Places - Geographical location, facts about the cities
  • Events - Important events that took place and are worth noting. 
  • Culture - The laws of the land, beliefs of that time and place
  • Emotions - Jealousy, hatred, joy, sadness
  • Principles - Doctrines, tithing, loving one another
  • Actions - How to love one another, murder, theft, rebellion, 
  • Character Traits - Discipline, persistence, laziness

I wrote my topics on them and them taped them to seal from dirt and tears.  
For taping tips, refer to the Bible Book Binder.



Here is a sample of the subheadings. I chose to print stationery patterns onto my cardstock. 
I put it back into the printer and used Word to print the names in the center of the pages. The divider font is cafe & brewery, 48pt and the small font was part of the tab creator mentioned below.
I don't remember it.

Then, I printed some customized tabs and taped them on. I chose yellow for the disciples because yellow is my color for church history. They were the beginning of the original church, so it made sense.

(Note: If you use the site linked above for tabs, the colors of the tabs shown are customizable after the page loads, you will see a color box, for instance, pink. If you click it, you can change the color. You can even save your tabs to your pc or just print them.) 

I had just printed out a bunch of random topics. Then, I decided to color code the subheadings in the People subject to avoid the need for even more dividers. Under this theme, I will have to redo the teal tabs (not shown here) to colorize instead of confetti them. 

I already have plans of doing pink for the women. I have a lot of labels printed already but am waiting on ink to be able to print the dividers. The pic I have chosen for that is a simple floral and has a slight pink to it.  I didn't find it on the site to share with you today. I found all the pics for the Apostles, the women, and the one for my Sermon Notes binder all on this site above. 



To finish the binder off, I separated the Old and New Testaments with tabs.


I hope you enjoyed this post. If I overlooked anything, you liked the post or have other ideas for things that could have been done, let me know. ;)  

💖Be blessed and have a wonderful day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text