Monday, March 9, 2020

Reading your Bible.

Hi πŸ˜ƒ

I hope that you are doing well.

I am reading a little bit in in a few different places. I am doing Luke with my Bible study group. We are almost finished with chapter 22 leading to the cross through the arrest. The Holy Spirit has led me to Habakkuk recently and Isaiah. The past couple of nights I have been in Psalms. I may be in any or all of those tonight. 

Once you start to read, it is contagious. The more you know, the more you want to know. Also, The more you know, the more cross references you can connect on your own without having to rely so heavily on other sources. That has happened to me a few times recently and it totally fired me up even more. I was truly getting it! 


Proverbs 4:5-7 says, "5 Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
6 Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you;
Love her, and she will keep you.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding."


Praying is the gateway to understanding. I don't know how everyone else starts their reading time. I try to start by thanking the Lord for the opportunity to read His word openly. There are so many countries where it is just not allowed.

I ask Him to help me have eyes to see, ears to hear, and an open heart, mind, and spirit
to what He would want me to learn; so that I may see what He what He wants me to see,
hear what He wants me to hear and to know what He wants me to learn or to know.

God really blesses me when I remember to pray in this way. Yet, the times that I forget, sometimes it is really difficult to focus or to get the meaning within the passage.

I hope that everyone has a blessed time in the Lord tonight, and especially in reading His word.  
Blessings to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text