Saturday, November 4, 2023

Take It Easy. It's A Team Lift.

 πŸ’—πŸŒΉπŸ› Good morning. 

I don't know what you are going through or experiencing. I know that life has a LOT of things to get caught up in. Some are necessary. Some are not. It takes a delicate balance of both to make it all not weigh or wear you down. Sometimes we just need to sit at the feet of Jesus. 

That was me this morning. I was overloaded with good intention but trying to focus on too much at once and in too many directions. I began to just sit at my desk and pray out loud to God. That turned into quiet singing of a few songs and ending with Just As I Am (linked below). 

I really appreciated what brother DeMarcus shared on His YouTube channel this morning. I gained more perspective. I knew that His yoke was easy and His burden light. (Matt. 11:28-30)  What I had not actualized in my mind was the perspective of pairing the weak with the strong. That just fleshes the Word out a bit more in my understanding. Yes, His burdens are lighter than the burdens of the world - because He is doing the biggest share of the pulling. I feel like I understood it but on a lesser level. I just always thought of it as not having to do it by yourself. You have help, like two horses yoked together. What is falling afresh on me this morning is that one of those horses is like Paul Bunyan and one is more like a runt. 

That is the magnitude of the disparity between the two. I am sure even that is disproportionate to the actual difference. Only Jesus was able to drink from the cup of suffering. (Luke 22:41-44)  Only Jesus is worthy to open the scroll in the book of Revelation. (Revelation 5:1-10) 
That is who we are yoked to. Wow. Let that really sink in. 🀯

πŸŒΊπŸ’— Take heart and be encouraged this morning. Yes, there are things that you are called to do. God has plans for you to prosper you and give you a future with hope. What He is not calling you to is doing it in your own strength, spiraling, spinning and burning out. Be not weary in doing good. (Galatians 6:9) God is for you. The spirit of Jesus, if you are a believer, is within you. He walks beside you, behind you, and goes before you. He abides in you and is eternally yoked to you. Rest in Him and let your burdens be light. ✝πŸ’–πŸ› Be blessed.

“As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, from this time forth and forevermore.” Psalm 125:2 ESV

God Wants You To Take A Break!! - Devotions with DeMarcus

Just As I Am - B.J. Thomas

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text