Monday, January 29, 2018

Oh How He Loves You and Me!

It's easy to get to a point of wanting to turn away from people sometimes, especially those we dislike. However, Jesus said of us, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."  (Hebrews 13:5)

He also says in Mark 12:28-31 - "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (NASB) 

I was reminded of this second verse earlier this week.  God died for those whom I don't get along with just as much as He died for me. He loves them just as much as He loves me.  He has commanded me to love them also. 

Dear Father God, I realize that it is I who need to see others through Your eyes and not my own. Please help me to love them the way that you love them and also help them to love me the same way.  In seeing each other in this way, may we  fulfill Your desire that we get along peaceably in love. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text