Thursday, May 23, 2019

Ollie's haul...



I went to Ollie's for the first time the other day. For those who, like me, didn't know what Ollie's is, it is sort of like Big Lots. They have name brand buyouts. If a major store or brand is liquidating their stock, Ollie's might be a potential buyer.  Then, they pass the savings on to customers.

The books were on my list to look at but I was there to see other things, too. I walked in and the first thing I saw was the books to the right. I got giddy for a second. lol I was hoping I might find a super fantastic deal on a Bible. I remembered Elizabeth and John, in the book of Luke, when pregnant Mary walked into the house. lol I had a jolt in my spirit.

I will do a separate post on the ones I only looked at. I did end up buying a few books that I am excited about. I think some of you will be, too. I couldn't believe my 👀! Fervent for $2.99! 😍Yes, please! I wanted it when a couple of Facebook groups I'm part of did their challenges earlier in the year but it was 9.99. I also got Beth Moore's Audacious. I love the way she teaches. I skipped ahead and I know the answer. 🙃 That is okay, it only made me want to buy it even more. 

The last one is a journal. It has a scripture and a reminder for mothers to take heart and have hope.  I think there has never been a mother who hasn't worried that they got it wrong or are doing it wrong. Mothers who are maybe a little worn or just need some encouragement. I couldn't pass this up. 😊It was the first thing in my cart. It Is beautiful inside and out. I am a journal geek and I love devotions and introspection. The pages have a gold gilding but I forget what type it is called. When the book is open, they have a design. When you close it, it is gold. It has one dark blue ribbon marker. I have made sure to include the ISBN for both, just in case anyone else was interested. I know Ollie's is trying to be open everywhere but, so far, they are not.

Here are some closeups of them. First is the back cover of Audacious.


Here is the back of the devotional journal and some of the other views, as well.


   


  

I hope that you enjoyed this post. If you have an Ollie's near you, it might be a good time to drop in and see what kind of deals that you can find. I don't know if they always have this many Bibles but I know they were advertising an Inspirational Buyout. I am not sure from whom. They seemed on some of the Bibles to be about the same pricing as Christianbook.com but in a Big Lots kind of setting. The plus for me was being able to see and hold them in person. Sometimes you just know what you like.

I will say that, perhaps, some of the deals were better than I thought. I can't recall which one but it was $24.99. I remember thinking that was normal on Christianbook. Yet, after I got home and was looking at the Christianbook website, the price had actually gone up. The sales fluctuate all the time between higher and lower sale prices. For right now, Ollie's would have been the better buy. However, I am not able to drop that much on one right now, no matter how awesome it is. I had just recently ordered 2 used ones from Amazon.  I will post those soon.

Blessings to you!!  I hope you have had a great week and are ready for a fabulous weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text