Thursday, May 23, 2019

On my wishlist...


  I did not get these Bibles but I really like them. I just wanted to share in case it helped anyone else.
As I said in the previous post, the prices at Ollie's seemed on par with Christianbook to me. The upside was that I could see them, hold them, and look inside of some of them. Some were sealed.
I almost got The Everyday Life Bible from Joyce Meyer. They had it in paperback. It was only $4.99. I got excited but when I skimmed through, I didn't feel it. You know what I mean. Some Bibles you just feel a connection to. I am not cover picky on most Bibles and some I love that they are paperback. It makes me feel like it truly is a textbook. I was a study nerd in school, so I feel ready to dig in. However, I really thought before this was one I would rather have leather and I was right. Just my opinion. Having said that, if it was the only way I could ever get that one, I would have snapped it up at that price.
The first one that I looked into that I loved was the Zondervan Study Bible. Each translation and/ or publisher seems to have their own. I was curious about the differences. I picked it up and was in love with this one. The first reason is that it is a "chunky monkey." 😂 I don't know how to describe it. It just "felt" full of knowledge!! LOL I like that the footnotes are in a green background so that there is contrast from the scriptures. I like the color images sprinkled throughout. I just generally liked this one.
 
I have heard of both the Know The Word and the Apply The Word. Sometimes I forget which is which. They had the KJV Word Study Bible in store. 


The last one is the Faithlife Illustrated Study Bible. It's another great one. I love the pics of the fishing boats and the architecture/ structures. That is something I haven't seen so much of so far.





These are just a few of the Bibles on my wishlist. 
Do you have any Bibles on your wishlist? Which one(s)?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text